Why Summer is the Best Time for LASIK Surgery
What do you look forward to seeing with glasses-free eyes this summer? Contacts and eyeglasses are amazing inventions that can correct your vision and improve your quality of life. If you’re a good candidate for LASIK surgery, you may agree that seeing the world clearly with your own eyes is even more satisfying. At Swagel Wootton Eye Institute, we specialize in cataract and LASIK surgery in Mesa and Chandler.
Come in for a free consultation to find out if laser surgery can correct your vision. If not, our eye doctors in Mesa and Chandler may have other options to reduce your dependence on corrective eyewear. Keep reading to learn the advantages of getting LASIK surgery this summer.
What Advantages Does Summer LASIK Surgery Bring?
Leave your glasses and contacts at home as you get out and about in the warmer months of summer. After a brief LASIK surgery recovery period, many clients return to work within a day or two following the procedure.
If you follow the surgeons post-LASIK care plan carefully, you’ll find yourself at the beach or in the swimming pool before you know it. (Be careful to avoid the pool until the doctor verifies that your eyes have healed sufficiently to do so!)
Here are some compelling reasons to have LASIK surgery this summer:
- Go swimming without the aid of prescription goggles and contact lenses. From snorkeling in the ocean to splashing around in your pool, you can enjoy the water without worrying about losing a contact or squinting to see your friend’s faces clearly.
- Play sports without additional visual assistance. When you’re running down the pitch or kicking the ball around the field, you don’t want to worry about breaking your glasses or losing a contact. Following LASIK surgery, you don’t have to. From volleyball to tennis, it’s easier to keep your eye on the ball with LASIK vision correction.
- Travel without the baggage. Well, you’re still going to need suitcases but it’s far easier to travel when you don’t have to worry about carrying your contact lens case and extra lenses to last throughout your trip. You also don’t have to worry about losing your glasses on the plane or rushing through the airport.
- Summer allergies can dry out your eyes and make your contact lenses feel like they’re surgically attached. When you rub your eyes due to the irritation, contacts develop rips that irritate your eyes. Even glasses can’t protect you from pollen and other allergens that cause red, itchy eyes. While LASIK surgery cannot prevent allergies, ditching your lenses and eyeglasses makes it easier to deal with them and reduces your chances of infection.
- Save time and money. LASIK surgery schedules often open in the summer when people are traveling. The sooner you receive this vision correcting procedure, the more money you can save on contacts and eyeglass maintenance. Also, you can often take advantages of financing programs to enjoy great vision, affordably.
- Students often get LASIK in the summer to ensure their eyes have enough time to heal before the fall semester begins. Although most clients recover quickly, LASIK surgery recovery involves a temporary period of blurry vision and other short-term side effects. Getting LASIK well in advance of the fall term gives your eyes plenty of time to heal.
Contact our eye doctors in Mesa and Chandler for a free consultation to determine if LASIK surgery can work for you. Our knowledgeable team can let you know what to expect during the procedure and how to facilitate a smooth LASIK surgery recovery. Although we have developed expertise in cataract and LASIK surgery in Mesa and Chandler, we are happy to provide quality vision care for your whole family.
Schedule Your Consultation.
For fastest service during the hours of 8 am-5 pm Monday-Friday, call us at 480-372-2616. Otherwise, fill out the form below to schedule your consultation.