Don’t Panic, Some Blurred Vision After LASIK Is Normal
If you have blurry vision right after LASIK surgery, stay calm and follow the advice of the best eye doctors in Phoenix. At Swagel Wootton Eye Institute, we are always available for your questions following the surgery. Learn the do’s and don’ts that can help you minimize fuzzy vision as your eyes heal.
When Does Hazy Vision Clear After LASIK?
Although LASIK vision correction takes just a few minutes per eye, it could be a few weeks or longer for your vision to completely stabilize. As your eyes heal, your visual acuity improves after the procedure.
Much of the blurring that you experienced directly after LASIK clears up in the first few days. However, it can take up to four months for your vision to stabilize. Don’t panic due to fuzzy vision after LASIK surgery, especially if you’re tired or dehydrated.
Dry Eyes After LASIK
The laser cuts some nerves in the cornea during the procedure. With reduced sensitivity, your eye produces fewer tears. Some people develop dry eye syndrome following LASIK surgery, which can cause some discomfort. However, you can use artificial tears to keep the eyes hydrated.
Blurriness Due to Natural Vision Degeneration
Following LASIK surgery, your vision may decline as you grow older or if you contract an eye disease. Also, if you work on the computer or do a lot of reading, you may need reading glasses following LASIK surgery.
The following do’s and don’ts can help you optimize your vision following LASIK surgery in Phoenix.
- Use eye drops as directed by your eye doctor.
- Close your eyes for a few minutes after you put the eye drops in.
- Use sterile tissues to clean around the eye.
- Blink your eyes often to keep them lubricated.
- Take care when you wash your face to avoid touching your eyes.
- Whenever possible, use sunglasses to minimize contact with debris or harmful sunlight.
- Eat foods high in vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin C.
- Always wash your hands properly before wiping your eyes.
- Apply eye drops before applying eye ointment, if prescribed.
- Directly following surgery, rest in a dark room.
- Avoid washing your hair for at least a few days following LASIK surgery.
- Do not take a shower until your doctor says it is safe to do so. The pressure from the shower can severely damage your eyes following surgery.
- Avoid removing your eye patch on the day you have LASIK surgery.
- Do not splash your eyes with water for a few weeks as your eyes recover from the surgery.
- Avoid the swimming pool and hot tub for at least one month after you receive vision correction surgery from the best eye doctors in the area.
- Do not use makeup on your eyelids or eyelashes for one month.
- Avoid fitness classes and exercise for one month.
- Do not drive for one week following the surgery.
At Swagel Wootton Eye Institute, we are here for your questions before, during and after LASIK surgery. Contact us to learn more about our vision and eye care services.
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
For fastest service during the hours of 8 am-5 pm Monday-Friday, call us at (480) 641-3937. Otherwise, fill out the form below to schedule your consultation.